Cruise Itineraries 2022 Cruise Itineraries 2023 Cruise Schedules 2022 & 2023
Since 1994, Adelaar, together with her loyal crew of seasoned seaman, has sailed the rich waters of the Indonesian Archipelago, providing amazing diving and sailing holidays. To this day, She remains one of the industry’s leading Komodo liveaboards.
The luxurious interior of Adelaar today, bears almost no resemblance of her past self. What started as a small 6 month project in 2008 to add en-suite bathrooms, escalated into a dream for a more exquisite and classical look. When the historic sailboat was unveiled in 2011 after almost 3 years in the making, the results were stunning. She was built to impeccable standards, in classical yacht style, with paneled teak wood walls and high ceilings throughout. Sailing the waters of Indonesia year-round, Adelaar caters to today’s discerning travelers. We have made it our mission for them to experience the best in small group luxury sailing and diving.
- Rigging: Dutch Schooner
- Measurements: Length: 127ft / Beam: 18ft / Draft: 8ft
- Cruising Speed: 6.5 to 7.5 knots
- Mercedes Marine Diesel (380 HP)
- Sea Recovery Watermaker
- Generators (25 kVA-65 kVA) for 24 hour electrical power
- Furuno GPS
- Satellite Compass
- Koden Radar
- AIS System
- Raymarine Depth Sounder
- 3 Bauer Capitano Dive Compressors
- 80 cubic feet Aluminum Tanks with INT Valves/Adaptors
(100 cubic feet tanks available upon request)
- 2 Aluminum tenders, each manned with 2 crew
- Hartenberger underwater dive lamps
- Assorted mixture of spare gear
- NITROX Membrane System
- 10 Nautilus Lifeline Marine Rescue Radio with GPS
- Life Vests, EPIRB Emergency Beacon & Flares
- Man Overboard Pole with attached life vest & flashing light
- Two Life Rafts for 24 people with provisions for over 30 days
- Medical grade oxygen with flow meter and mask, ambu bag
- First Aid Kit and Emergency EpiPen
- Decompression chambers located in Bali & Labuan Bajo, Flores
All staterooms have state-of-the-art entertainment systems and individually controlled air-conditioning. Moreover, our en-suite bathrooms are equipped with a JETS vacuum toilet, Kohler wash basin and Grohe hot water shower. Finally, amenities from “Sensatia Botanicals” include calming shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
Besides scuba diving and land explorations, we also offer sea kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, wake boarding and water ski. All these to enjoy in a suitable bay and whenever weather and sea conditions allow. We carry a two-person kayak and two stand-up paddle boards. Perfect for those who like to explore a nice bay and beaches quietly on their own… You like it faster and with more adrenaline, though? You may also try our wake board with boots, helmet and safety vest, as well as our water skis.
The electrical power source available on most liveaboard facilities can sometimes be intermittent to save costs. However our power source runs 24/7. Indeed, generator output is at 240 V/50 Hz, with abundant receptacles throughout the vessel in all the guest areas. Receptacles accept standard European two round pin plugs. Furthermore, adapters for our UK and USA guests are available.
Watch “Aboard Adelaar” Video