Blue Manta Liveaboard
An experience of a lifetime awaits you onboard the magnificent Blue Manta. Stable, spacious and safe, the Blue Manta is fully equipped to take you on a fascinating diving adventure in the magical waters of Indonesia.
The Blue Manta is possibly the largest purpose-built BKI CLASS dive vessel in the region. Measuring 45m (148 ft) by 9m (29ft), this steel hull vessel will take up to 22 guests. The 14 beautifully furnished en-suite cabins, each average 20sqm (200sf) in size, an open outdoor alfresco dining area, an indoor air-conditioned room for finer dining, speaks of the perfect onboard ambiance of a world class dive holiday.
With maximum comfort and safety in mind, the Blue Manta is well equipped with safety facilities, cruises at 9 knots and the steel hull makes her an ideal vessel for long haul cruises and blue water crossing trips.
The Blue Manta is built with thick steel designed to withstand the hardest sea conditions, offering the stability wooden boats cannot. The 9m width and weight of 550 ton add to the steadiness, ensures uninterrupted rests and relaxation. The Blue Manta is a world class cruising hotel.
Built for sea-worthiness, the Blue Manta operates on twin engines and is an ultimate dive vessel for long haul cruises and blue water crossing trips. She is dependable for comfort, convenience and a stress-free dive holiday.
Blue Manta will take up to 22 guests depending if booked as a full charter. There are 14 beautifully furnished en-suite cabins, each average 20sqm (200sf) in size comprising of single cabins and twin/double cabins.
- 6 cabins on upper deck with window
- 4 cabins on main deck with window
- 4 cabins on below deck with a port hole
We do not take risks or compromise on the safety and diving of our guests and crew. In addition to twin engines, the Blue Manta is fitted with the following security and safety features:
- All cabins are with speakers, fire and smoke alarms.
- All sound proof wall panel, indoor deck are made of fire retardant materials
- Furuno Radar, GPS plotter, Echo Sounders, Auto pilot, AIS
- SSB radio, VHF radio, SART, EPIRB
- Standard Fire Fighting Equipment
- 2 x 30 Life Rafts
- Life Jackets in all cabins
- 4 x tender boats
- 2 x Anchor System (DC/AC)
- First Aid & Oxygen Kit
- Fire Extinguishers
- Satellite Telephone & Wi-Fi
- Night Watch Security
In the unlikely event of a fire, please be reassured we have the following security and safety features in place;
- All cabins are with speakers, fire and smoke alarms.
- Fire extinguishers can be found throughout, and clearly labelled Exit signs in case of fire/ vessel evacuation.
- Emergency Action Plan provided with Safety Briefing
- Lower deck has 2-way fire escape hatch, located at front (via crew cabin leading to anchor bow area, main deck) & rear (via engine room leading dive & main deck). All guests staying in Lower deck cabins shown these emergency exits.
- Main deck indoor lounge windows can open for easy exit to side (port/ starboard) walkway.
- Night security from 10pm-5am inside engine room and outside on Main deck.
The high crew and guest ratio ensures attentive, outstanding and personalised service. With a total of 20 crew members working onboard, we are committed to your comfort and enjoyment.
- 3 Captains/Deck Officers
- 3 Engineers
- 5 Dive guides
- 3 Chefs
- 1 Masseuses
- 2 Hostesses
- 1 Cruise Leader (Instructor)
- 2 Dinghy Drivers/Deck Hands
Photographers Dream Boat
The Blue Manta is equipped with camera-friendly facilities, designed for the most avid underwater photographers.
- Individual Rinse Tanks
- Wide Outdoor Work Table
- Indoor Dry Camera Room
- Blow-dry Stations
- Small dive groups (4 photographers : 1 guide)
Having good food should be one of the most important criteria when choosing a liveaboard. On the Blue Manta you start your day with freshly baked breads. With no less than 5 meals a day, you will be filled and satisfied with an extensive range of treats for your taste buds.
Wi-Fi at Sea
The Wi-Fi is connected via Satellite and with 24/7 Wi-Fi connection, you can be connected with your family and friends anytime, anywhere.
|Engine:||2 x 826hp Yanmar|
|Generator:||3 x Yanmar Gensets|
|Compressor:||3 x 250 litres|
|Nitrox:||1 x Nitrox system|
|Dinghy:||4 x 5.8m dinghy with 75hp OBM|
|Watermakers:||2 x Watermakers 20 ton freshwater daily|
|Fresh water tank :||20,000 litres|
|Diesel tank:||45,000 litres|
|Range :||3500 nm|
Services onboard the Blue Manta
Services on board the Mantas comprise laundry services, warm bath towels and hot beverages after every dive, hot showers even on the dive platform and the expertise of our skilled masseuses.
Our capable crew is ready to go the extra mile to make sure that you have a wonderful and memorable experience on the Mantas that will have you yearning for more.
Sumptious Buffet Spread
Although we cannot ensure perfect dive-site and weather conditions, we can certainly guarantee a treat for your taste buds.
Guests will enjoy five meals a day from a blend of Western, Indo and Thai cuisine all served in comfortable indoor/outdoor dining areas while enjoying the panoramic view of tropical islands in a glistening turquoise sea.
A Good Night’s Sleep
Both the KM Blue Manta & New White Manta are solid steel vessels. The enhanced stability of our boats enables uninterrupted sleep even during an over-night sail.
All rooms are equipped with nine-inch King Koil mattresses and individual air-conditioning units to provide maximum comfort.
Rental Dive Equipment
We provide high-quality, well-maintained rental dive equipment from top manufacturers. We rent out BCDs, regulators, wetsuits, torches, weights, Nitrox/ Air compatible dive computers and so on.