Sailing Motor Yacht Ondina
Launched in 2001, this traditional wooden schooner – known as Phinisi in the local language – was built in South Sulawesi by the Bugis tribes of seafarers, using tropical timbers and following traditional methods from their ancestry. Custom-built under the direct supervision of our director of operations, she was built by a diver for the divers.
Sailing Indonesia’s inner seas since 2001, aboard SMY Ondina you will enjoy the best diving in Raja Ampat, the Banda sea and Cenderawasih.
Enjoy you adventure aboard this classic Phinisi, built with tropical woods following traditional techniques, with a capacity of up to 16 divers.
Her spacious interiors can comfortably sleep 16 passengers in 8 double AC/ensuite cabins, from which the two on the foredeck have twin single bunks each, while the remaining six cabins are fitted with double bed and a single bunk on top. Three gensets provide all-around-the-clock 220 v electricity supply, with two-pin European standard sockets. Ondina is currently based in Sorong, from where she operates different routes in Raja Ampat, Cenderawasih Bay, North Banda Sea, Triton Bay and Halmahera.
Cabins · 6 Triple (double bed and single bed bunk) and 2 twin cabins all with ensuite and Air Con. Triple cabins are to be occupied by two guests only except for couples with children or groups of 3 guests with at least one non-diver.
Electricity onboard: 220v all-around-the-clock. Two round pins sockets Eu std.
- Cruise director and first Dive Master
- Cruise director and second Dive Master
- Third Divemaster depending on routes
- Second Engineer
- 4 Deck hands
- 2 Cook assistant
- 2 waiters/roomservice
- Deck Length: 32 meters
- Beam: 8,0 meters
- Draft: 2,6 meters
- Hull: Teak and Tropical woods
- Engine: 400 HP Man Medium Duty
- Sails: 400m2 surface
- Cruising Speed: 9 Knots
- Water: Watermaker plus 10 Tn deposits
- Fuel tanks: 12 Tn
- Three power generators
- 2 Air diving compressors Mariner.
- Nitrox membrane. (32%)
- Diving gear for rent available onboard. (Please, book in advance: we have 6 full equipments)
- 12 and 15lts. steel and aluminium tanks. INT/DIN.
- Weight-belts and safety buoys included in the price of the cruise.
- 3 dinghies: 2 semirigid and 1 rigid.
- Maintenance kits and spare parts for diving equipment.
- Depth finder
- GPS Plotter with C-map marine charts.
- Radar 16 miles reach.
- Radio Multiband SSB
- Radio VHF GMDSS system.
- Handheld Radios ICOM VHF
- Satellite telephone THURAYA for private communications in the most remote locations.
- Satellite telephone ERICSSON R190
- First aid kit
- Oxigen onboard plus Emergency Evacuation DAN “Oxygen Unit”
- Hiperbaric chambers in Makassar and Bali
- 2 rescue rafts 30 pax
- Life jackets
- Fire extinguishers, flares, fare gun.