- Cendrawasih Bay
- 12 Days / 11 Nights
- 0 Review
- NOT Available
- Additional Dives
- Airport Pick Up
- Boat Cabin Accommodation
- Daily Scheduled Dives
- Dive Guide
- Full Board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hotel/Airport to Boat Transfer
- Land Excursions
- Port and/or National Park Entrance Fees
- Soft Drinks
- Tour Guide
- Welcome Drink
Cendrawasih Bay Liveaboard Ondina
Cendrawasih Liveaboard Cruise
with S.M.Y ONDINA
Cruise Duration & Rates:
Embarkation is on the first day and disembarkation on the last published day early in the morning.
Embark: Sorong Disembark: Biak or reverse
12 Days/11 Nights – 4.070 Euro
- The same number of nights as of days of the cruise, disembarking in the morning of the last published date.
- Transfers from the airport or hotel to the boat, and back at the end of the cruise.
- Full board, soft drinks, tea, coffee, fruits and snacks.
- Full Board on board, Tea, Coffee, Snacks and 1 Soft Drink at lunch and Dinner.
- An average of 3 or 4 dives per day. Night dives almost every day unless conditions or long sailing distance do not permit it. Check dive in the afternoon plus night dive on the day of arrival, and two morning dives on the last day to allow for desaturation before departure the following day.
- Land tours as specified in the schedule of the cruise.
- Diving tanks and weights for divers. Snorkeling gear and one intro dive for non-divers.
- Additional complimentary services onboard such as library, music or first aids.
Price does NOT include
- Any other way of transportation than SMY Ondina or MY Oceanic.
- Alcoholic drinks, tips & gratuities and any other onboard service not specified above like, equipment rental, nitrox… etc
- Harbour fee of 250 Euros to be paid onboard or transferred together with the price of the cruise. This is to cover the expenses of National Park and M.P.A. fees, fuel surcharge and harbor clearance.
- Every cruise we run short excursions to visit spectacular landscapes, local villages, wildlife, deserted beaches… etc. This doesn’t affect the number of dives scheduled unless agreed upon by the guests.
- If you want to visit any other place in Indonesia before or after the cruise we can refer you to our local partner that specializes in organizing land tours and extensions across the country.
Please Note: ONDINA Liveaboard is charging it’s liveaboard cruise rates in Euro! This websites general currency setting in US$ are subject to change due to exchange rate fluctuations.
WHALESHARKS & WRECKS
The northern margin of Teluk Cenderawasih bay (literally “bird of paradise bay” in the local language), was partially closed in prehistoric times by the islands of Biak and Supiori. That created a unique environment for several endemic species of reef fishes to develop in this region, as well as allowing other species that are usually found in deeper waters elsewhere in the archipelago to come up and thrive in shallower waters. All this can be seen by regular recreational scuba divers today.
The area was also the scenario of brutal naval battles during WWII, leaving behind the wreckages of ships and planes in depths accessible by regular divers as well.
But the star of the routes is undoubtedly the whalesharks. Attracted by the little anchovies netted by the large outrigger boats that fish at night with the help of lights, these gentle giants have become regular visitors to the area, guaranteeing close-up encounters to divers and snorkelers.
Sample Itinerary: 9 Days / 8 Nights From Mankwari to Manokwari
Cendrawasih Bay – Whale Sharks & Wrecks Liveaboard Cruise
Disclaimer: Itineraries are only for orientation and might be modified due to weather conditions, sea conditions and other external causes. Departures are only guaranteed with a minimum of 6 paying passengers.
Day 1: Sorong Port
Pick up at airport, transfer to the boat, welcome drink and accommodation. Check dive in the afternoon at one of the WWII Japanese wrecks in Manokwari Bay. Overnight sail to Pulau Roon.
- Port of Sorong, Indonesia
- 1 Dive
Day 2: Roon Island
We will spend the day diving around Pulau Roon, Pulau Auri and Pulau Sodompari. We’ll also dive the remains of a Zero plane wreck in the south of Pulau Roon. Overnight sail to Kwatisore.
- Pulau Roon, Teluk Wondama Regency, West Papua, Indonesia
- Wreck Diving
Dive the bagans (fishing outriggers where whalesharks come to feed on scraps from the night catch of little anchovies) with whale sharks in the Kwatisore area.
- Cenderawasih Bay, Indonesia
- Whale Shark Diving
Dive around Tanjung Mangguar and muck diving in Nepanyaur Bay in the afternoon
- Tanjung Mangguar, Indonesia
- Muck Diving
Day 5: Rouw Island
Wall diving in the atolls, in Spag Point and Wild Fish Ridge. In the afternoon will dive in Pulau Rouw, where we’ll walk along the beach and snorkel in three P-38 WWII planes laying in front of the beach in just 1 meter of water.
- Pulau Rouw, Indonesia
- Wall Diving & Snorkeling
Day 6: Sewandeh Islands
Full diving day around the islands of Sewandeh with plenty schooling fish and reef sharks, and Slamipien with stunning hard coral garden in shallow waters. Overnight sail to Numfor.
- Pulau Sewandeh, Indonesia
- Shark Diving
Day 7: Numfor Island
We’ll do the first dive of the morning in the southeast coast of Numfor before we move to Pulau Manim to spend the rest of the day diving in 8 different landing craft from WWII. We’ll walk along the white sand beach. Overnight sail to Manokwari.
- Pulau Numfor, Biak Numfor Regency, Papua, Indonesia
- WWII wreck diving
Day 8: Manokwari Bay
Two morning dives in two of the Japanese WWII wrecks in the Manokwari Bay. Preparation for departure the morning after.
- Manokwari, Manokwari Regency, West Papua, Indonesia
- 2 Dives
Day 9: Manokwari
- Manokwari, West Papua, Indonesia
- Check Out